The Digital Economy and the Innovation of Investment Management
28th March | 08:55 - 16:00
Location: London Guildhall (Livestream also available)
Price: Free to attend
As part of the Global Investment Futures campaign and in collaboration with the Investment Association, the City of London Corporation and the Department for International Trade, the IA Engine is pleased to invite you to this in-person event as we celebrate innovation on a global stage.
In the wake of unprecedented change, never has reliance on technology been more apparent, and all signs are pointing to an enduring boom with enormous confidence across the sector here in the UK and internationally. This in-person event is an opportunity to connect with international change-makers and hear from industry experts as we embrace more efficient business models.
The conference will showcase the latest thinking on the technological opportunities within investment management with a focus on:
- • The digital economy and the future of investment management
- • Sustainability and impact investing: how data and the use AI is facilitating improved client engagement
- • The role of innovation leadership, cultural transformation and diversity in creating alpha
- • International partnerships, why working together is the greatest facilitator of change
Kick off the day with some breakfast and pre-event networking
- • Chris Cummings, Chief Executive, The Investment Association
- • Chris Philp, MP Parliamentary Minister for Tech and the Digital Economy
Moderator: Gillian Painter, Head of Membership and Engine, The Investment Association
- • Abu Dhabi: Gabrielle Inzirillo, Head of Market Development – Financial Technology, FSRA, Abu Dhabi Global Markets
- • Singapore: Shadab Taiyabi, Head of Fintech and Innovation, Schroders
- • Japan: Naomi Takegoshi, JIAM
- • Hong Kong: Sally Wong, CEO, Hong Kong Investment Funds Association
Moderator: Philip Reed, General Counsel, Independent Franchise Partners
- • Qatar: Sadiq Hamour, Director of Financial Institutions, Qatar Financial Centre
- • Dubai: Ali Hassan, Senior Representative Europe & North America, Dubai International Financial Centre
- • Saudi Arabia: Nejoud Al Mulaik, Director, FinTech Saudi
- • Kenya: Ali Hussein, Chairman, Association of FinTechs in Kenya
- • Alderman & Sheriff Nicholas Lyons, Sheriff of the City of London 2021-22
- • Richard Rouse, Director, Expand Research
Overview: Expand Research, part of the Boston Consulting Group will present research and findings looking at the investment management industry, ‘a FinTech Year in review and future focus’.
The innovation landscape nationally and internationally will be examined with an evaluation of the UK Fintech environment identifying the technological focus and priorities affecting investment management; as well as a review of evolving innovation and future requirements.
- • Joe Parkin MD Head of UK Wealth and Retail at iShares BlackRock.
- • Acin: Paul Norris – Head of Asset Management
- • Auquan: Chandini Jain: Founder and CEO
- • ESGi: Mark Davies – Partner
- • Jacobi: Curtis Evans – MD EMEA
- • Net Purpose: Samantha Duncan – Co founder and CEO
A chance for you to have a coffee and meet fellow attendees.
- • Ravi Bhalla, Head of Department Innovation, Data & Technology – Financial Conduct Authority
- Julie Chakraverty, CEO, Rungway
- Vicky Sanders, Chief Commercial Officer, Liquidnet
- • Moderator: Miranda Seath, Head of Market Insight, The Investment Association
- • Darshita Gillies, Founder & CEO, Maanch
- • Giles French, Assistant Director of Economics Development, City of London Corporation
- • Natalie Pullin, Sustainability Specialist, Microsoft
- • Dr Christopher Mellor CFA, Head of EMEA ETF Equity & Commodity Product Management, Invesco
- • Janine Hirt, CEO, Innovate Finance
- • Imtiaz Adam MSc, MBA, LLB, Deep Learn Strategies (DLS) Ltd, Founder and Director
This session will explore the impact that AI and the Metaverse will have across the economy over the period 2023 to 2030 and the resulting impact on the asset management business including the underlying portfolios.
The arrival of the internet followed by smart mobile resulted in significant changes in terms of stocks with the largest market capilisation in the world along with key factors such as PE ratios and high growth stocks.
The era of AI and the Metaverse enabled by standalone 5G networks is forecast by analysts to result in change as great as we have experienced since the arrival of the industrial revolution to today, however, in this case the transformative change will be concentrated over the duration of a 5-to-7-year period rather than 200+ years.
Mark Jackson: Quantum Evangelist – Cambridge Quantum Computing
The 5 firms who have been selected for Cohort 5 of the Engine Innovator Programme will be unveiled and pitch their solutions.
Join us for some lunch and glass of wine . A perfect opportunity to connect with speakers and attendees.